Christmas present to me...4 KC Slimlites :D

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by TELORVEHC, Jan 18, 2012.

1. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Ok guys soooo...for my birthday last September I got this KC light bar for my truck---->http://www.kchilites.com/accessories/light-bars/light-bar-03-06-gm-12-ton-silver it's powdercoated silver which is nice cuz it matches the paint on my truck pretty well. Anyway, on to the good stuff! I got a couple Amazon gift cards and some money for Christmas along with other things so I decided to get some lights for my light bar. I picked up 2 sets of 100w KC Slimlite Driving Lights-----> http://www.kchilites.com/lights/slimlite/slimlite-100w-driving-black and 2 weeks ago, 2 friends and I installed the light bar and the lights. Took us about 3 hours total, working at a very relaxed pace (and stopping a few times for drinks and to warm up inside lol, it was about 20°F in my garage, and we couldn't close the garage door cuz my truck won't fit completely in the garage and give us enough room to work comfortably) from unboxing the lights, to installing the lights, running the wires, aiming the lights and going for a test drive. Here's a few pics, I'll prob add more this weekend, let me know what y'all think. :rules:
    [​IMG]
    Right after the install

[​IMG]
    Better pic, and I moved my plate. You can see in the previous pic that the light bar blocks the plate. Didn't want to deal w/ the 5-0 giving me crap for an obscured license plate.

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Those look nice. Do you have to cover them? I know some states require lights like the Highlites to be covered.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks B.A. dude.

Alex

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Looks great :great:

5. TELORVEHC

I never have the covers on lol. I haven't had any problems with the police yet for having the lights uncovered. Thanks all!

6. TELORVEHC

A little late but as promised, more pics!

Side view of the lights and the light bar, I was surprised at how slim they were.
    [​IMG]

Switches mounted under the dash next to the bass knob for my amplifier.
    [​IMG]

Wiring
    [​IMG]

I have a lot of wires...and many relays :lol:
    [​IMG]

7. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

they look very cool! i want to do something like that too! good job!

8. TELORVEHC

I would definitely recommend it. It's a little pricey for all the lights and the lightbar but I got most of the components as gifts so it wasn't too bad. I drive on a lot of darker roads and we have a lot of deer around where I live. All I have to say is thank God for these lights, I've seen deer hiding out in the woods on the sides of the road way before I even get close to them. A great investment if you ask me haha.

9. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It looks great. the only thing I would change is mount the license plate lower. Maybe find a frame and mount it with that. Other than that the lights are really nice!!!!

10. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Damnit! Now I am torn between a brush guard or this light bar. Why do you have to have an almost identical truck to mine with almost identical tastes as mine? Bastard....