1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chrome bumper piece?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Morgan8119, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Morgan8119

Morgan8119 New Member

Hey guys, on my 2010 lt I have a chrome bumper piece and all the rest is black, on the ltz's that chrome piece is color matched, is it possible for me to buy a color matched one online?

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

im not 100% about that. you may have to order that part from the Dealer..

3. wayned

wayned Rockstar 100 Posts

If its the rear bumper pay to have them painted.
    $230. for 1 at the dealer (chrome)
    they AR riveted on pain to get them off
    paint Will hold up great on the back

4. Silverado2010

Silverado2010 New Member

Sorry I do not have a pic of mine, but I had the dealer order a new front bumber and color match it (black) with the rest of the truck. It was funny because I paid for the body colored grille without realizing the chrome bumper in the front would remain chrome. They wanted to charge me 200- 300 dollars to replace it with a painted one, but I told them they would have to do it or I would not return the OEM wheels that I had on the Dodge I traded in (It had aftermarket chrome 20s). For some reason they really wanted the 17" OEM wheels so they agreed.

All said I now have an extra chrome bumper and grille for a 2010 chevy hanging on my garage wall. The front of the truck looks awesome now. No offense to anyone but I think the chrome front ends look like junk.

Also the dealer told me they did not want to paint over the chrome due to the fact the paint would chip off easy, so I think they ordered a plain bumper like the ones on the W/T and painted it the color of my truck.

Joe

5. Morgan8119

Morgan8119 New Member

Ok, well I'll call my dealer tomorrow.