1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chrome! Chrome! Chrome!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ippielb, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check out my new grill and bug deflector. All i need is the bumper cap and air dam. Thinking about getting them painted to match.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think. I also got 35" toyo open country mud terrains today, will get a picture tomorrow. They're at least 3" taller then my 33" mud terrains. The tread is that deep lol.
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hang on.......

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Ok, I'm back. I had to go get my sunglasses....

WOW! That's shiny! :)

Have you thought about painting the air dam and the bumper cap the same colour as the truck, to kind of play with the front, and not have it all just one solid colour (chrome)? Just a thought. The new pieces certainly fit in well with the theme you have going with the entire truck. Woot!
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Damn, that looks good.
  4. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That baby IS BRIGHT!! It looks good Ippielb. I was going to ask if the tight mesh grille had raised your engine temp, but I can see from the snow, the block heater cord, & the icicle hanging on the bumper, that you've got no worries about temperature :)
  5. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Actually, the bumper cap costs $180... So thats kinda ridiculous I'm thinking. But yes, i am thinking about getting everything painted to match, including the black on the mirrors to match the color of my truck. Looking to get the holes in the tailgate filled, and then put a chrome tailgate guard, the rock guards, and the window rain deflectors chrome on top of it. And for the rear end, get clear LED tail lights, clear MEGA 3rd brake light. And then either get the bumper pads painted to match, or get a Fab Fours rear bumper.

Thanks!

Thanks! And for the question about the mesh insert, i run it during the summer time too. and it only raises the temperature slightly. I would recommend getting them. I have the stainless ones. Not plated chrome or anything cheap.
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well holy schnieke, ippielb and springthing! Where the hell have you two been? I haven't seen either of you on here for ages, hope you are both well! New chrome looks great, but then you probably knew I'd like it!
  7. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member 100 Posts

looks very nice, keep it up
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thats looks fantastic!!.I am going to go with the chrome on my accesories also ,instead of the painted look,which everyone seems to be doing.
  9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I sometimes catch a little flak for the chrome I have on my truck, but it's what I like, and it can look good if it's not overdone. I consider it "old school" and I'm old so I figure it's O.K., lol ! Chrome rocks!

[​IMG]
  10. deepsouth5

deepsouth5 New Member

That looks sweet man!!!!!