1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chrome handle covers VS metal Chrome handles

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by USMC_SILVERADO, Mar 22, 2011.

1. USMC_SILVERADO

USMC_SILVERADO New Member

2. black03silverado

black03silverado New Member

dont waste your money on the covers!! i had them and the chrome went funny so i had them replaced and again the chrome went funny so i went to a gm dealer and got the real deal and they still look great!!
  3. I have the covers. I really wanted to get the real deal, but with price in mind I settled. I am happy w/ the covers. I actually salvaged these off of my totaled '03 silverado and put them on my '07. They aren't showing any signs of wear. No cracking, chipping, flaking, etc. They look fine to me, but the real deal is always nice if you don't mind spending a bit more
  4. USMC_SILVERADO

how much are the dealers charging?
  5. black03silverado

i live in canada but i bought mine in maine for $70 right at a gm dealer the covers cost me around $40
  6. USMC_SILVERADO

so that would be atleast double for a crew cab...
  7. black03silverado

i would suspect so but call your dealer that you bought your truck from and make sure you let them know you just bought it and sometimes they will cut you deal
  8. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

Bought a set of covers from ebay, worked just fine. Always wanted to just color match them to the body though so it was a temporary fix for me, but for the price ebay covers can't be beat.
  9. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

get the metal ones....the plastic ones scratch and the oils from your hands will eventually
    Make them look funny over time.