1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clean sludge out of engine or rebuild?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Lifted_Bowtie, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Lifted_Bowtie

Lifted_Bowtie Member

Okay, I cant decide whether i should clean the sludge out of my engine or just do a simple rebuild... Even if I do clean it the best I can, there still gonna be some sludge left in there... If I rebuild I know for a fact there isnt any sludge in there.... I want to be as worry free as possible and get as much power as i can... What do you guys think i should do? Rebuild? Or clean the heck out of it? 95 k1500 350 TBI
  2. 96stepside

96stepside New Member

rebuild it
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Rebuilding it just for the purpose of cleaning out the sludge is going to be expensive for both parts & machine work, when it apparently doesn't need rebuilding, but only cleaning.
    You can clean it quite sucessfully, & sludge doesn't mean you need a rebuild (unless of course you are trying to convince your wife that you need the money for a big horsepower build lol) in which case "yes" a rebuild is the only way to get rid of that darn sludge :)
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

*******thread moved*********