Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Cleaned the throttle body and now i have problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by monroefiredog, Sep 24, 2012.

1. monroefiredog

monroefiredog New Member

I have a 2004 Trailblazer that has been a good vehicle, but it got to running rough. I checked the we and everything said that I need to clean the Throttle body, so I did, using throttle body cleaner, with the throttle body off the vehicle. I put it back on, it runs smoother, but will not rev up, can only get about 3500 rpm....wide open. It also will not go into any gear now, so it will not move. All the gauges are at 0 or all way to left. Check gauges light along with other lights are on in cluster. The battery was weak , so i replaced it also. It sat a week while i was out of town and the battery was dead when I got back. I don't think that it was anything that i did. The gauges was acting up prior to cleaning the throttle body. But I don't know what it could be causing the no rev on engine and no transmission. Does anyone have any ideas....i am out of ideas....HELP PLEASE!!

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It sounds like something was missed when the throttle body was reinstalled. I would double check all the connections.

3. monroefiredog

monroefiredog New Member

I have already checked that several times.....I just don't understand why it acts like the tranny is gone....i guess it could be a coincidence that the tranny died at same time as I was cleaning throttle....idk

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

There seems to be a sensor that has gone out. Which one? I don't know. I saw that because it would be odd for the tranny to go out at the same time. I wish I could be of more help.

5. monroefiredog

monroefiredog New Member

I agree with you...but I have no idea what sensor might control the tranny...

6. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Throttle position sensor. It controls engine speed and gives the computer the data it needs to downshift. Maybe you soaked it with cleaner and it shorted... or maybe it got knocked and either broke or is not in alignment... Maybe it isn't plugged all the way in... I don't think that a TPS (or any other sensor) would keep the transmission from going into gear altogether, tho.