1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleaning Carpet Stains

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Tom Evans, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Tom Evans

Tom Evans Rockstar

I just got a 2002 Chevy Suburban. It has some RED stains on the GRAY carpet in the rear seat area, probably Gatorade or some other similar drink with Red Dye #5 in it. I tried Oxy Interior 1 Cleaner by Turtle Wax today and had no luck removing the stain.

Does anyone have a carpet cleaner that works on juice stains?

Thanks.
  2. Paul M

Paul M Rockstar

Tom, try some Aqua Net hair spray. It removes ball point pen ink from shirts.
    My mom discovered this some time ago and it worked . If it does not or does on your carpet, it should not do any harm. Try it in a hidden place first to make sure. She never even used hair spray.

Paul M.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There was a whole thread on stains and stain removal stuff sometime last year I think. Try doing a search for it. If someone finds it, post it up here too if you would.
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I found this post in the suburban section. Carpet cleaner
    The wife used to drink a beverage called Fuze. She spilled it on the beige carpet in the living room and it has left a permanent red dye #5 stain. Nothing, not even a professional carpet cleaner could get it out. The pro recommended dying the carpet. The wife opted for a $20 throw rug. When I worked as a lot boy, I used to 'plug' cigarette burns with a technique similar to this. This Old House
    I would get donor carpet from under the seat and plug the damaged area. It doesn't work for large stains.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A few weeks ago I was drug to a wine tasting event (just a small note, the refined people dont like it when you chug wine). While there I somehow got involved in a discussion on wine stains on carpet, a wine steward at the counter mentioned a cleaner called "Wine away" also "Wine off".
    I bought a bottle of the "Wine away" to clean a spot my granddaughter made on the living room carpet with grape juice. When I cleaned the spot 2 weeks ago it got lighter but I could still fantly see where it was, we returned from a two week vacation this morning and I noted the spot is now totally gone.
    1 person likes this.
  6. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

7. tokmik

tokmik New Member

i think the usual baking soda solution still works in juice stains. but for more guide you may visit
    Carpet Cleaning Estimate
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  8. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have used Oxy clean to take juice stains out. I would let it sit and then blast it with a steamer. I have a steam buggy and it has a fine nozzle and a brush nozzle. It works very well.
  9. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts