1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cleaning engine and engine compartment?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by freddie, Oct 14, 2012.

1. freddie

freddie New Member

Can you some how clean the engine compartment and not harm electronics? If so how and what are the steps in doing so?
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. freddie

freddie New Member

I dont know if your just trying to be smart or what. But for your information i do use the search. More than not i can never find what i am looking for. If you meant no disrespect then please excuse my comment and thank you for your comment. But the link to other posts didnt really tell me what all to cover up. Or maybe i just dont understand enough about what they are talking about and i need to do my research on what i dont understand.
  4. Mook@Adams

Mook@Adams New Member

Good Afternoon Freddie!

Check out this video on the best methods for Cleaning Your Engine Bay!

Clean Your Engine

-
    Mook
  5. freddie

freddie New Member

Thank you!
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

hey freddie...try using a leaf blower after you wash it to dry it out, it disples water
    like you wouldn't believe.............good luck, works for me
    Brian from Canada:party:
  7. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

Some here may disagree, but I go to the car wash and spray off the engine with the power nozzles. After that start the car to help dry it off.

Never had a problem with doing this.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I use P-21 motorcycle cleaner a little lite brushing then some water Even takes Mud off..
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I do the same thing! I just don't pull the trigger. a quick rinse avoiding the alternator and as many other electrical components as I can. Then I spray it down with tire foam. (I learned this working at a detail shop) I use the cheap stuff for it. (no touch, or what ever is on sale) It leaves all the all the rubber hoses and black plastic looking nice and shiny for about 6 months or so, depending on if I drive alot of dirt roads.
  10. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I pull the trigger, I just hold the nozzle about 2 feet or more away.

I will have to try the cheap tire foam stuff.

Thanks.