1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cleaning my cloth seats.. looking for a proved method..

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by adamant, Apr 22, 2011.

1. adamant

adamant New Member

cleaning my cloth seats.. looking for a proved method..
    i am tired of buying crap that don't work. even if i have to buy a steamer machine to get it clean ..what do you guys thats work?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I use carpet cleaner, let is soak in and use a rag to rub it in and a damp rag to get it out. works great.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

My wife also use's a carpet cleaner on her '05 Trailblazer cloth seats. She does them twice a year since '05 and they look like new. She has a Hoover cleaner.
  4. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

tuff stuff..........its cheap and works great. just let it a soak a few secs and then gently scrub with a soft brush and wipe dry with a clean rag
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I use a Spot Bot on my truck seats, doesnt have the tank capacity of larger cleaners but its easier to use inside the truck.
    I normally fill a pressure sparey with solution and only use the spot bot to suck it back up.
  6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I hope carpet cleaner works as well as you guys say it does. I've tried several cleaners but never tried carpet cleaner cuz I thought it might be too harsh.
  7. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

X2 on this.. I clean my interior completely every couple months with it.. it works great, and it's really inexpensive..
  8. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

A friend of mine has a steam cleaner and it works great.