1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleaning running boards

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Pikey, May 17, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I wash and wax my truck, dress the tires, clean all the glass. But, the running boards never look clean. I get all the dirt off of them, but they don't shine. I have used tire foam on them. They look awesome after that. I don't use the boards but my wife and kids do. They complain because they are slippery as heck after I foam them. Any ideas on what I can use to make them shine but not slippery.

IMG_0055.jpg

Attached Files:

2. canadiantowman

canadiantowman New Member

3. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

Turtle Wax total Interior Care Detailer. I use it on all exterior plastics including the plastic for the running board steps and end caps. It makes it clean looking but not glossy which means it's not as slippery.
  4. Pikey

I just came across this post again today. First, I ended up using the turtle wax extreme shield wax on the running boards. It made them shine and it was not slippery. Second, looking at the pictures of my truck sure makes me miss that color and how well it shined. No matter what I do to my new truck the silver birch paint just does note have the mirror effect that this one did.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Start saving for a paint job!
  6. Pikey

yea, right! that will not happen.
  7. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

It is a nice paint color. As much as I am a big fan of orange and red, my Sprial Grey Avalanche always looks nice when it's cleaned up... even with swirlmarks and such in the paint. I do like silver birch too though.
  8. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne New Member

Adams Butter Wax do great job for cleansing. Goes on easy and comes off easy and leaves a great shine.Quick Clean, Adam's Detail Spray truly best for Waterless Car Wash and Quick Spray are also good to achieve the best shine and best looking paint, well it is a process. Wash, clay bar, polish, then wax.
  9. Pikey

Will adams butter wax turn white on exterior plastics?
  10. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

I will second the Chemical Guys Black on Black!! I use that on all plastics! Really brings back the shine as well as cleans up all that plastic found under our hoods too!