Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Cleaning the IAC on a 03 Silverado?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ibmoses, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ibmoses

ibmoses Rockstar 100 Posts

My 03 2WD Silverado 5.3 idles very low and stumbles while idling, also the AC does not cool well at all while idling but works great while cruising.

I removed the intake tube ans sprayed a little Throttle Body Cleaner in the inlet area but that has not helped.

I found this video:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MnWiOrnVk28&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MnWiOrnVk28&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    That shows how to clean the Throttle body.
    Is it OK to manually open the TB like that?

I have not spotted the IAC valve yet...can somebody point me at it. I am looking at the pass side of the TB where a electrical connector is plugged but that piece is riveted on...Thanks for any tips.

Also, while searching I saw a GM Tecnical Bulletin about how GM should reprogram the PCM to help cure the low/rough idle?

Thanks

Bert

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well the IAC is mounted and screwed onto the throttle body.. Im not 100% where it is on that model. Also the AC isnt great at idle because the RPms are to low and not allowing the compressor to run as high as it needs to to push the R134A thru the system as well as the Cooling fan to turn fast enough to Pull air over the Condensor.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you checked your alternater? If its not charging at low rpms that could be why your A/C not putting out at idle and the stumble.

4. ibmoses

ibmoses Rockstar 100 Posts

I have been searching ols threads and the net trying to gather info.

Is it OK to manually open the TB on my truck so I can clean it well?

Frome what I can tell it does not have a IAC valve...

Bert