Clear (i.e. no amber reflector) headlights for 99-06 GMC Sierra???

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by SurrealOne, Dec 22, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

wow... your right, ill never pay that much money for headlights, thats insane...
    and yes from what ive been seeing more recently OEM projectors are better than most aftermarket projectors...

and i know exactly where your coming from with that common tranny downshift on the highway, thats exactly how my truck was before the regear also, and trips from corpus christi to san antonio were always annoying with a downshift at least every minute, regear helped that for sure.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't miss driving from Austin to Corpus. (The ex-wife's family is in Corpus.)
  3. reggiecab2000

well i got that tough mudder coming up next weekend, so cc to dallas next friday, only ~400 miles, should be a full tank lol but when i get there im goin straight to blackbear performance to get a tune, so hopefully the drive back down will be a world of difference:) at least im hoping that...
  4. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

As far as the price of a retrofit goes, you can easily pay double if you have someone else do it for you. I'm hoping to do mine this summer and if you can do it yourself, you can get the full kit including proper HID projectors, a pair of D2S bulbs (actual bulbs, not rebased to fit halogen sizes), a pair of projectors, shrouds, wiring harness, etc. for $315 from theretrofitsource. I plan on getting that kit with their 50W ballast & bulb option and the optional resealing glue. All in, its $330. Add in a second set of factory headlights from eBay and other small parts I'll need, and I'll be looking at about $450 or less for proper projectors with better low beam light, double the high beam light, and I get a project out of it.

Check out the hidplanet forums. There's a lot of cool stuff there about DIY retrofits.
  5. reggiecab2000

definitely let us know how gthat goes for you pmf...
    i am much of a project doer myself but i just really wouldnt have the time to commit to doing that myself right now, and as much of a perfectionist that i am, to make the beam perfect seems like a hell of a task as well, but props to the ones who have the ability!