1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

clearing headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Burden33, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

so im looking at clearing my headlights i tryed searching and came up short. so i was woundering what would i have to do to clear my headlights
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

clear??? I am assuming you mean clean if so buy some plast-X made by Maguires (wow i cant spell) anyhow that stuff cleans all of the gunk, and any yellowing you might have right up... It is a polish and takes some elbow grease unless you have a power ball then i just let my drill do the work..
  3. Burden33

no i mean clear. i mean take out the refkectors and just run the orang turn singl bulbs
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Oh shoot sorry... No offense.. I am just really good at typos.... Wish i had a clue id be happy to help..
  5. Burden33

LOL its all good bud dont worry about it
  6. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I believe you have to cut the headlights open on the 07-10 trucks to get to the reflectors
  7. JoePT

JoePT New Member

Not to thread hijack, but how do you clear up the capsules? Do you have to take them apart?
  8. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I had a 2008 Toyota Tacoma and did the Black headlight mod , which is taking the headlights apart and sanding the chrome and painting it black , turned out great. But what I'm trying to get to is on the Tacoma you had to pre -heat your kitchen oven and cut it off and lay the headlights in on a cookie sheet for about 7 minutes and that softens the factory glue to pull them apart. After you got through with what you wanted to do , you pre-heat cut off and set them back in for 5 minutes and re-stick them together and clamp them for a few minutes. You can find this entire write up on the tacoma world website.Good Luck!!
  9. rutroe

rutroe New Member

10. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

that works for the 03-07 trucks, for the 07+ trucks you'll need to cut the headlights with a dremel or something similar.