1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Clever ways you can out-smart a car thief

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Sep 28, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[​IMG][​IMG]Vehicles may be getting harder to steal because of advances in technology, but it’s often the most basic things drivers do — or don’t do — that entice carjackers. Here are some ways you can out-smart a car thief.

More...

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Steve the link doesn't work.

3. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I leave 5's and 10's on my dashboards because I feel bad for whoever steals my trucks and has to pay for gas.:great:

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Now your thinkin' like me. You want my truck....take it but don't ever bring it back.:lol:

5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Back in the day when I repo'd cars one of the most interesting anti-theft devices I came across was a setup that required you to have the headlights on to start the car. It was a dealer installed upgrade. Some sort of relay wired to the headlight switch and the ignition circuit. You could turn the headlights off after you started the engine. .........The dealer warned me about it so the car was gone in 60 seconds!