1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clicking during acceleration...

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Schwindle, May 18, 2010.

1. Schwindle

Schwindle New Member

I recently have had a problem with a loud clicking coming from underneath my truck when I accelerate. When I get on the highway it either goes away or I can no longer hear it. From what i've found from a little research that it is more than likely my U-joints. But Im still not convinced. Any input would be appreciated...
  2. cobra2end

cobra2end New Member 100 Posts

is it coming from the motor ? My 97 5.7 had what i thought was a ping from the motor when ever i got on it hard. I put in different gas from a different station and it took care of it.
  3. Schwindle

Schwindle New Member

Nope...

Fixed it today actually. It was the U-joints and had I gone prolly five more miles I would have been in need of a tow truck... Thanks though.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hopefully you got a set of greasable ones since the stock u-joints dont come with them and they wear out pretty quickly sometimes.
  5. Schwindle

Schwindle New Member

Actually when it comes to precision **** like that I usually just have someone else do it. So I took it to a machine shop specializing in drivelines. Its was this older fella who works out of his basement awesome dude took care of it all for me. The grease able ones are set in place.