Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Clicking noise from front hub. [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ashndon, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashndon

ashndon New Member

I have a clicking noise coming from the right front hub on my 02 Suburban. I pulled the hub off and if I spin it I still get the noise. Is it wearing out or is it possible that something for the ABS broke inside the hub? It feels tight, but ???

I lifted the left front and spun the tire and got about the same sound, but the right side is louder.

Heres a 1mb video clip of the noise: http://members.cox.net/ashndon/MOV00001.MPG

Thanks!

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sounds like you either have a bad bearing or just need to re-pack them with grease.

3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

yes repack the wheel bearings or get new ones.

4. ashndon

ashndon New Member

Well the 02 has front hub assemblies so I guess I'll have to do a replacement. What ever happened to spending $30 to replace your front bearings? The new front hub assemblies are over $200 EACH! WOW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.