1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Climate Control fan

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by metalchecker, Apr 28, 2010.

1. metalchecker

metalchecker New Member

Hi all, I have 2006 silverado 1500 extended cab with the auto driver and passenger climate control. All of sudden I can't get the thing to blow any air. It doesn't matter, hot or cold a/c or not. I can feel cold air while in a/c mode and driving but it's like the blower is not working. First thing I checked was the 40amp blower fuse, changed it with no luck. Any Ideas?:mad::mad:
  2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

On our older trucks, there is a Blower Motor Resister, usually mounted on the HVAC box under the hood.

I would imagine that even the newer trucks have something similiar.
  3. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike New Member

first see if your getting power at your blower. do a full sweep of the fan speeds should see 0 or battery voltage

if you arnt then replace the blower resistor assembly
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

The blower motor resistor is inside the truck at the bottom of the passenger footwell right next to the blower itself. Not sure how the dual climate control is set up though.
  5. metalchecker

metalchecker New Member

I read this going to give it a try!
    " There may be one blower fuse under the hood, and one in the cab. The fuse in the interior may be labeled HVAC. If your sure all fuses are good use a dvm to check for power at the resistor and the blower. The resistor should be attached to the blower or very near it. The two wires going to th blower motor (after the resistor) should have 12v when fan speed selector is on high and key on. The voltage should vary relative to the fan speed selected. If you have voltage here the blower motor is bad. Usually the bearings are what go bad, you can remove the blower and wire it direct to the battery and it should work if you spin the fan by hand first to loosen it. Sometimes the motor burns out but if something is actually burnt the problem may be somewhere else, BCM, blower control module, resistor, or a short. Take it to a shop to diagnose if this is the case. "
  6. metalchecker

metalchecker New Member

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  7. metalchecker

metalchecker New Member

Just an update, the blower motor control processor fixed it. It cost $124 at the dealr and took 10 minutes to replace. I recommend taking the bad one in because there are many different part numbers depending on your vehicle. The dealer said it's common problem and prices range from $64 to $234. :great:
  8. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

HOLY CRAP, thats alot!!
  9. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike New Member

glad you fix'd it with a good part and not some junk from autozone