1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

climate control LED

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by reggiecab2000, Jan 25, 2011.

1. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder New Member

I paid $130 for all the parts and did the install on a Saturday afternoon in my apartment parkinglot lol
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

that sounds awesome! let me know when you post that thread i might have to copy you
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So I found the 5mm red and blue leds on Superbright leds dot com and if I put a resistor on each led, how do I know which resisters I need? and now they do have the 5mm in 360 degrees :)
  4. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

image-1253927244.jpg
    This is my set up. Everything is soldered, it's out of my 2004 silverado, as you can see from the display, the lights are dimmed down.
  5. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez New Member

How did you get the knobs on the sliders off

6. Jaele

Jaele Member 100 Posts

7. Char

Char New Member

20130701_010844.jpg

With mine i got 6 LED bulbs and 2 very small plastic tubes and cut it to fit in tightly inside the ac controls one twards the top and one twards the bottom. I mounted 3 on each and ran the power from my radio. 2 years later its still holding up

superbrightleds.com is what i used
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

what size resistors did you guys use?
  9. BRB46

BRB46 Member 100 Posts

The ones I ordered were 3mm blue and the resistor was 1/4 watt 470 ohm.