1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Climate Control probelm 99 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Sherri's 2500HD, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Sherri's 2500HD

Sherri's 2500HD New Member

my Climate control works fine a/c or heat either one as long as it blows out the dash. But as soon as you turn heat to defrost or floor vents blower shuts down. will still blow just a little but not near enough. Any thoughts were to start?
    DS

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

does the blower actually stop or is it still turning, but the air is not coming out of the vents?
  3. Sherri's 2500HD

if the blower is still turning it is very low, can not feel or hear. But windshield will finally defrost, sorry i can not answer 100%.
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Sherri, do you have auto controls (set the temp to 70 and the system will keep it there), or the manual controls where you must change the dial to change the temp?
  5. Sherri's 2500HD

Sorry its the manual control
  6. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts

this is with what a/c system AUTO or MANUAL control ?

disconnect the battery ground at the battery . turn ignition on to drain the system voltage. then reconnect and start vehicle see if the problem is corrected reset. with auto ac it may be the computer controller.

if its manual control you got me on that one!