1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

clunk when i accelerate

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by rick88122, Dec 4, 2009.

1. rick88122

rick88122 New Member

09 silverado ltz 1800 miles. makes a clunking sound when i start from dead stop. Almost feels like a broken motor mount only its in the rear. like something is lifting up. weird.

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

shouldnt be at this mileage but check ujoints, or since it is under warranty have them look at it.

3. lube70

lube70 Member

common

The slip yoke on the driveshaft is what is making the noise...nothing wrong...You wan eliminate it by bringing it to chevy and telling them to do the TSB on the driveshaft noise.

Then no more noise!!!

Don

4. rick88122

rick88122 New Member

they had to loosen and retorque all leaf spring mounting bolts. noise all gone . tried slip yoke didnt work

5. jaridd

jaridd New Member

do you know what the bolts on the leaf springs are supposed to be torqued to?

6. Big6ft6

Big6ft6 Rockstar 100 Posts

look closely at your leaf spring pack, they can crack and cause clunking, but when sitting in the driveway crack can be hard to see. Seems unlikely on such a new truck, but along with other good suggestions thought it'd be worth looking.

7. Project Reaper

Project Reaper Rockstar 100 Posts

ya i have a 97 z71 4x4 and i have all kinds of clunking noises lol. i really wish it was warm enough and more light in the day to check everything out...

8. 2010SSRS

2010SSRS New Member

mine did this too..........they had to replace the output shaft.