Clunking Noise First Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by DRuben, Jul 24, 2012.

1. DRuben

DRuben New Member

Ok So I pretty much baby my truck. After getting home I put my truck in reverse to back into the driveway and, clunk? I put it in park and said maybe it was something else. I put it back in reverse and another clunking noise... I put it into neutral and then drive and it also clunks in drive. Im not really familiar with RWD vehicles so I couldnt tell you what anything is under there besides the exhaust, differential, and driveshaft lol. What could be causing this clunk? Think the dealership will repair it under the warranty?

2. Sounds like the slip yoke needs grease, took in my truck for this and they replaced the whole drive shaft.

3. DRuben

DRuben New Member

Ok, Thanks for the reply!

4. thrasher

thrasher Rockstar 100 Posts

If your truck has the torsion spring front end, check the rubber mounts at the ends of the torsion bar crossmember. If the rubber bushings are blown out, thats probably the problem. Not a big deal to replace, but you'll need a electric grinder to grind down the rivit heads.