1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clunking noise issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by gasixgunner, Apr 11, 2009.

1. gasixgunner

gasixgunner New Member

I have read about the clunking noise on the 2007 Silverado's. Mine does it also, feels like someone has tapped the backend when stopping at a redlight, and was wondering if Chevrolet has the problem identified and is there a fix for it yet? Thanks
  2. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Rockstar 100 Posts

tapped the backend?? could you be more specific? there are several clunks that are inherent to Silverados, and GM never cared to fix them in yrs. one of them is slip yoke clunk, similar - I'm guessing - to what you describe. Just exactly opposite, as that one manifests itself while taking off, but the mechanics involved are very similar to coming to a halt - change in wheelbase.
  3. gasixgunner

gasixgunner New Member

clunking

Just as the truck comes to a stop, it feels like someone has hit the back of the truck. It is just a tap. Sometimes it is not as noticeable and it feels like something slid in the back of the truck. Funny thing is, sometimes it feels like it is in the front and sometimes like it is in the back.