Clunking noise

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Minnesota Mudder, Jan 5, 2010.

1. For the past few days i have been hearing a clunking noise when i push down half way on my brakes i loooked all over and i can't find anything.The clunking seem like its coming from the the drivers side. it only does it when i am in gear and not in park. can anyone give me a hint what it could be. THANKS

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

It sounds to me like there might be something loose in your suspension or brake system... I had this on my 95 Tahoe... The one caliper was loose, so everytime I got on the brakes it would shift and I'd hear a clunk...

3. It could be a loose caliper, but I just got done dealing with a broke wheel bearing. It made a wah-wah-wah sound while driving. If your's only happens under braking take it to a brake place and have them check it out.

4. It turns out that the brakes were fine. I just had some ice stuck in the brakes. all i had to do was let it sit in a heated shop for a couple of hours. Thanks for help.