1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clunking noise

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Minnesota Mudder, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Minnesota Mudder

Minnesota Mudder New Member

For the past few days i have been hearing a clunking noise when i push down half way on my brakes i loooked all over and i can't find anything.The clunking seem like its coming from the the drivers side. it only does it when i am in gear and not in park. can anyone give me a hint what it could be. THANKS
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

It sounds to me like there might be something loose in your suspension or brake system... I had this on my 95 Tahoe... The one caliper was loose, so everytime I got on the brakes it would shift and I'd hear a clunk...
  3. BrokeEnthusiast

BrokeEnthusiast New Member

It could be a loose caliper, but I just got done dealing with a broke wheel bearing. It made a wah-wah-wah sound while driving. If your's only happens under braking take it to a brake place and have them check it out.
  4. Minnesota Mudder

Minnesota Mudder New Member

It turns out that the brakes were fine. I just had some ice stuck in the brakes. all i had to do was let it sit in a heated shop for a couple of hours. Thanks for help.