1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cluster problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by zepeda951, Aug 27, 2008.

1. zepeda951

zepeda951 New Member

When turn my truck on the cluster lights start to flicker. All my gauges continue to work, but my lights in the msg center and the window in where it tells you what gear your in flicker. I have to tap on my dash for it to turn back on, could it be a loose connection?

2000 chevrolet silverado v8
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I am not sure if it is the same thing, but recently I received a letter about a "Class Action Suite" about the guage cluster on certain Chevies that are not lasting as long as is required by the govmt. There were several years involved and I am pretty sure yours is one of them. Mine had too many miles to be included, so i didn't keep the info. You might "Google" the problem to see if you can come up with anything. Good luck!
  3. wallstetter

wallstetter Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i got the same letter i still have it sitting around i will look for and see if your truck is one of them