1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cluster swap question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Sportclmb, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Sportclmb

Sportclmb New Member

I have an 03 burb. Will the cluster from a 2001 1500 directly swap? My 03 has a bad speedo. Happen to have an extra cluster from an 01.

Thanks,
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

No a Dash Cluster from a 2001 will not work in your 2003 Suburban......You would need a Dash Cluster from a 2003-2007 model Truck or SUV.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

I think the clusters changed. If they look the same they should work, but I'm not 100% sure.
  4. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

They look similar, but they wont work. You need a 03-07 cluster.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

The 1999 to 2002 Dash Cluster's are Different from the 2003 to 2007......

The Difference is that the Message Center on the 99"-02" is located at the top left of the Dash Cluster....

On the 03'-07' the Message center was moved to the bottom and center of the Dash Cluster.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  6. 03bluetie

03bluetie New Member

Got an 03 my cluster also stick got a ticket 2 days ago tried it as an excuse but it didn't work ...........
    Cop told me they had a recall on these,he said he has an 04 and they changed everything at no cost i will check it out as soon as i get off my work rotation(12HRS NIGHT) anybody heard anything about recall?
    By the way i like that truck 99heartbeat!!!!!!!
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

There is a Special Coverage Adjustment.....for the Dash Cluster's on the 2003' to 2005' Trucks & Suv's that have Gauges the Stick,Flutter and become inoperative.....The Coverage is for 7 years or 70,000 miles......in which G.M. will replace the dash cluster's at no charge....

Below is a Link that goes into Detail re-guarding this issue,
    http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/
  8. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

X2......................
  9. ibmoses

ibmoses New Member

Is there a write up on here that explains how to go about replacing the cluster and what is involved?

Bert
  10. 03bluetie

03bluetie New Member

Put gear a way down to 3rd lower steering wheel remove trim by gently pulling from corner(GENTLY) SHOULD BE A BOLT ON MIDDLE TOP AND 1 ON EACH LOWER SIDE PULL IT UNPLUG IN MIDDLE THAT'S IT,i was told speedometer need to be calibrated by vin# and all kind of stuff don't know for sure found instruction on styllin concept looking for new gauges face or somewhere like that looked pretty easy...............