Cluster swap question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Sportclmb, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Sportclmb

Sportclmb New Member

I have an 03 burb. Will the cluster from a 2001 1500 directly swap? My 03 has a bad speedo. Happen to have an extra cluster from an 01.

Thanks,
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

No a Dash Cluster from a 2001 will not work in your 2003 Suburban......You would need a Dash Cluster from a 2003-2007 model Truck or SUV.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

I think the clusters changed. If they look the same they should work, but I'm not 100% sure.
  4. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

They look similar, but they wont work. You need a 03-07 cluster.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

The 1999 to 2002 Dash Cluster's are Different from the 2003 to 2007......

The Difference is that the Message Center on the 99"-02" is located at the top left of the Dash Cluster....

On the 03'-07' the Message center was moved to the bottom and center of the Dash Cluster.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  6. 03bluetie

03bluetie New Member

Got an 03 my cluster also stick got a ticket 2 days ago tried it as an excuse but it didn't work ...........
    Cop told me they had a recall on these,he said he has an 04 and they changed everything at no cost i will check it out as soon as i get off my work rotation(12HRS NIGHT) anybody heard anything about recall?
    By the way i like that truck 99heartbeat!!!!!!!
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

There is a Special Coverage Adjustment.....for the Dash Cluster's on the 2003' to 2005' Trucks & Suv's that have Gauges the Stick,Flutter and become inoperative.....The Coverage is for 7 years or 70,000 miles......in which G.M. will replace the dash cluster's at no charge....

Below is a Link that goes into Detail re-guarding this issue,
    http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/
  8. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

X2......................
  9. ibmoses

ibmoses New Member

Is there a write up on here that explains how to go about replacing the cluster and what is involved?

Bert
  10. 03bluetie

03bluetie New Member

Put gear a way down to 3rd lower steering wheel remove trim by gently pulling from corner(GENTLY) SHOULD BE A BOLT ON MIDDLE TOP AND 1 ON EACH LOWER SIDE PULL IT UNPLUG IN MIDDLE THAT'S IT,i was told speedometer need to be calibrated by vin# and all kind of stuff don't know for sure found instruction on styllin concept looking for new gauges face or somewhere like that looked pretty easy...............