1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clutch brands?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by MTchevy1, Jul 19, 2009.

1. MTchevy1

MTchevy1 New Member

I'm looking for a stock replacement clutch for my NV3500 5 speed. Most places around me can get Sachs, LUK, Brute Power and Perfection. Anyone using these brands or have experience with any of them?
  2. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 Rockstar 100 Posts

i only have experience with SACHS cluthes in my BMW, has worked perfectly since installed. No experience with the other brands
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

do you have any performance upgrades? if not, the stock clutch is good enough, and lasts for a long time
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'll vote for Luk. They are the clutch of choice in aftermarket transmission shops. Otherwise Sachs are OK. The other 2 are probably OK but I have seen problems with both of them.
  5. MTchevy1

MTchevy1 New Member

Thanks guys. I do have some upgrades... the motor is a big cammed vortec 5.7 with a few other bolt-ons. It's going in my S10, and I had planned on reusing the stock clutch, but when I got it out to take a look I was disappointed in how worn it is. I'll probably go with Luk, as I've heard only good about them. Thanks for the input.