Clutch fan to electric?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Tiny1987, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Tiny1987

Tiny1987 New Member

does anyone know of any retailers selling a electric fan kit for a 2004 silverado. i'm looking to grab a couple extra horses for cheap. also are there any vehicles that are similar enough and come with a stock electric fan that i could go through a wrecker for cheaper? in case you havent guessed...i'm cheap lol

2. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

If you have the larger radiator, you can use the 05+ GM e-fans. If you have the smaller radiator, you can use the LS1 fans.

3. Tiny1987

Tiny1987 New Member

What do you mean by large or small? depth? width? height? if it helps its a 1500 4x4

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can also use one from a ford taurus that had the 3.8, search the write up section, I do believe did a write up for it otherwise search the entire forum on the search tab, I know for sure that taurus e-fan has been brought up numerous times.

5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

6. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

If you measure between the top bolts of the radiator, and it is 38" wide, then you have the larger radiator.

7. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

www.summitracing.com has em by make and model it makes a nice addition to the truck then your not havin to take off the fan and clutch when your doin front of the motor stuff