1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

clutch lever pivot pin

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by thompson0219, Jan 21, 2013.

1. thompson0219

thompson0219 New Member

Hey guys new to the room...Owner of a 2003 tahoe. Had transfer and dif service back in Sept. Walked out the house to a rear window full of lube. I take it to a shop and they tell me my clutch lever pivot pin is missing. Th entire thing......Didnt think this was possible. Its not broken off as far as i can tell and the tread is not stripped. I called the district manager of the shop that did the service but no response yet. I havent had the truck in 4 wheel drive in sometime now so all i can come up with is they didnt tighten it. I know this is not the fill or drain but as i understand it sometimes you have to use a rod of some sort to fill that may require the use of or entrance point. Any suggestions as to how this can happen and am i on the right track by contacting the shop that did the service....im trying to figure out how this happened...
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Your issue is outside of my areas of expertise, so I can't help with it, but I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to the site. Sorry that you're having trouble. :(
  3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I can't help with your trouble but I'm sure someone will be along soon that can. :glasses:
  4. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! My suggestion is to hunt around on the site and post your problem where it is most appropriate. You will get more exposure and stand a better chance of getting help.
  5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I agree with "goldie" !