code 85 Restart Programmer problem

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by itchypalms, Sep 11, 2011.

1. itchypalms

itchypalms New Member

I picked up a Hypertech Max Energy from my lift dealer and I wanted to confirm the settings on it but when I hook it up to the port, I keep getting a code 85 Restart Programmer error. I called Hypertech and left a voicemail but figured I might run into someone that has seen that before. I've removed what I thought were all the radio, onstar, and amp fuses and I still get the message.

I did manage to get it to show the VIN number once and got to cycle though one of the DTC but I got the error again right after I cleared them. I think the DTC was a U1000. I just replaced my battery so I can't see how voltage could be a problem. I did get a low voltage error on my old battery which prompted me to buy a second battery.

Truck is a 2005 Chevy Silverado 5.3L, Volant intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Superlift FIT lift

2. itchypalms

itchypalms New Member

It was the cig lighter fuse that was causing my problem... I had the device powered with a laptop since it wasn't coming on with only being plugged into the truck. I don't have a manual for my programmer so I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work. I found the manual and found all the answers.