1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

code 85 Restart Programmer problem

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by itchypalms, Sep 11, 2011.

1. itchypalms

itchypalms New Member

I picked up a Hypertech Max Energy from my lift dealer and I wanted to confirm the settings on it but when I hook it up to the port, I keep getting a code 85 Restart Programmer error. I called Hypertech and left a voicemail but figured I might run into someone that has seen that before. I've removed what I thought were all the radio, onstar, and amp fuses and I still get the message.

I did manage to get it to show the VIN number once and got to cycle though one of the DTC but I got the error again right after I cleared them. I think the DTC was a U1000. I just replaced my battery so I can't see how voltage could be a problem. I did get a low voltage error on my old battery which prompted me to buy a second battery.

Truck is a 2005 Chevy Silverado 5.3L, Volant intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Superlift FIT lift

2. itchypalms

itchypalms New Member

It was the cig lighter fuse that was causing my problem... I had the device powered with a laptop since it wasn't coming on with only being plugged into the truck. I don't have a manual for my programmer so I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work. I found the manual and found all the answers.