Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Code P0303 What Could It Be??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by marcos, Jan 21, 2014.

1. marcos

marcos New Member

• Hi, I'm new to the forum and don't know a whole lot but am trying to figure my problem out. I have a 96 Chevy Express 1500 with a 5.7 350 in it and it is running really sluggish and is having misfire code(p303-misfire)service engine[​IMG] soon light is on. It started doing it when I was heading up a hill, it just started bogging and has been doing it ever since especially when I give it a lot of gas. I thought was a lifters problem plus rods (i replaced all that) and was no luck problem is still there ,haven't replaced the plugs and wires as well as cap/rotor . I have been researching the common fuel intake problems with the motor and am starting to think I need to clean the injectors (spider replacing ). It has 160000 miles on it . Does anyone have any good suggestions to try anything. Any ideas to what it could be. It seems to idle right and drives ok at the beginning , but when i want the overdrive the hole maracas comes out to play.

Thank you​

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****THREAD MOVED****
    To The
    GENERAL CHEVY/GM TECH QUESTION SECTION

3. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would suspect a fuel delivery problem also. Under no or low load runs fine but give it gas and it falls on it's face? Check the fuel pressure and change the filter for a start. I don't have the pressure specs for the 96.
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

P0303 is a mis-fire on cylinder #3.

It could be many things, I would check the common ones and the simpler ones first. The most common problem is "no spark". This could be a bad plug, a bad wire, a bad dist cap.

Number 3 is the cylinder that is 2nd from the front on the driver's side.

Edit:
    as I re-read your post, I think you may have changed the plugs/wires/cap, although, the posts does not read that way.
  5. marcos

marcos New Member

it sounds like was a lifter stuck, but was not i still have the knock, now im looking to change all the , (plugs/cables/rotor-n-cap and ignition ) will be crossing my fingers.
    Thanks for your imput

- - - Updated - - -

i should have wrote code,,,,P0300,,,,MULTIPLES MISFIRES,,Sfor the mistype