1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Code PO753 - '02 silverado

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 1980chevyman, Feb 26, 2009.

1. 1980chevyman

1980chevyman New Member

On my '02 silverado I have a service engine light on, so I went to autozone to get the code. Says, my ECM has detected an open or shorted condition on the shift solenoid circuit, don't know how this happened, just got the truck in Jan., and it had 72,500mi I only put 4,000mi on it. I did have the oil changed. Is there a way for me to fix this myself...I usually do maintenance myself, this is just a new beast for me, need info bad!!!
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Try out the thread in the Q&A section called "Repair Manuals" and look up the repair procedure for your truck. I read elsewhere that is as simple as draining the tranny and dropping the pan, replacing the solenoid then re-install the pan and fill. Check out the thread though for step by step. Let me know if you find the manual, and repair instructions.
  3. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The only thing I would add would be to remember that codes point to problems in circuits, not components. It would sure be irritating to go to all the trouble of replacing a shift solenoid inside the transmission to find out that the real problem was a loose connection outside the transmission.