Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Code Reader

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by 97suburban, Jun 18, 2009.

1. 97suburban

97suburban New Member

What are the opinions for the OBD ll diagnostic testers that are priced less the $300? Any recommended brands?
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've got an Actron CP9180 (paid ~$180 a couple years ago). It's ok. It can read codes, freeze frame data, and some PID's. It doesn't seem to read anything but engine PID's, so it would probably be little to no help for transmission issues. It can't read cam retard, so it couldn't be used to set timing on my engine (and yours if I assume you have a '97 Suburban). It's adequate for working on basic engine stuff. For the more ambitious user, it will leave a lot to be desired.
  3. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

I am running an Aeroforce Interceptor (mainly for trans temp) and it is a great little gadget, lots of readings and code clearing.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I like Auto X-Ray because of it's broad use of functions, they have one at Summit that will check all Chevy/Ford/Chrysler OBD II systems plus it comes with the USB cable. Right now they have it on sale for $294, I have never used any other type of scanners then that sorry...........:neutral:
  5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have one of these. It reads OBDI, OBDII, and CAN. Controller area network., .Works on ALL foreign and domestic cars with one or two exceptions You have to order it from China but don't worry. The company is well known and they ship the same day. For the money you can't go wrong!

CLICK HERE