code retrieval process is for General Motors vehicles

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by stanstrif, Feb 10, 2010.

1. stanstrif

stanstrif Member

after trying to find out how to do this i found a free way and figured i would share what i found!!
    let me copy and past what i found because when i was looking every one wanted $6.99 all the way up to $50 from chevy!!!

• The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode.
    • Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC).
    • Press and hold presets buttons 2 & 3 or 1 & 4 for approximately 10 seconds.
    • The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number.
    • Write this number down.
    • You will then have fifteen seconds max before the next step must be performed.
    • Press the AM/FM button.
    • The radio display changes to another three-digit number.
    • Write this number to the right of the first one.
    • You now have a six or four-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 3 and the last three digits are from STEP 5.
    • If you have a four digit number, it will show all four digits at the same time.
    • Example 4523.

[​IMG]
    if you have a rds radio the 1&2 of 3&4 presets wont work it has to be hooked up to a hand held computer at the dealer. it should say rds on the face of the radio near the display .

if not you have to hold the pre-set buttons for a few seconds it had a situation that it wouldn't work unless the vehicle was running. maybe dumb luck i don't know.

anyway if you can get the code write it down

call 1800-537-5140 when the recording begins
    press 106010 then * it will ask for your code
    enter your code followed by *

it will give you your unlock code.

Should be able to access by pressing the minute button then 000 should appear.
    Press the minute again to make the last two digits to your code # then press the Hour button to make the first digits match your code.
    After you entered you code press AM-FM and if done right SEC or something should be displayed.

This all has to be done with out more then 15 sec between steps.
    Also if you fail 8x entering the code, INOP will appear and you'll need to leave the key on for a hour to reset and try again.

hope this will help someone:glasses:

2. stanstrif

stanstrif Member

found this also

How to Reset GM Theft lock Radio's

Article Disclaimer: This article is meant to be used by Delco Radio owners to reset there radios. In no way is it meant to be used for any unethical or unlawful ways.

Purpose

The following instructions will allow you to reset any GM (General Motors), Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Pontiac theft lock radio.

Requirements

The theft lock radio must be in "LOC" mode.

Procedure:

1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")

2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.

4. Press the AM/FM button

5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

7. Call 1-800-537-5140

8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"

9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). "it's really *<star>lol"
    You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.

Dealership Codes

Troubleshooting

If you fail to enter the correct code eight times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode.

To Read the original article or read similar articles please visit http://www.kingbain.com/how-to/unloc...k-radio-s.html
    Retrieved from "http://www.articlesbase.com/automotive-articles/how-to-unlock-gm-theftlock-radios-842374.html"

(ArticlesBase SC #842374)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. MBurke

MBurke Rockstar

Looks like this is for the older Radios...is there any year periods this works for ?
    Thanks
    Mike

4. stanstrif

stanstrif Member

f you have a rds radio the 1&2 of 3&4 presets wont work it has to be hooked up to a hand held computer at the dealer. it should say rds on the face of the radio near the display