1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. x1078p

x1078p New Member

i have a 2001 chevy tahoe with a po300 code ive changed the spark plugs and the wires and the coils are getting a good spark what else could i check
  2. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If your ignition is all OK you may have a dirty injector. Have you ever cleaned your injectors or added any injector cleaner to the gas tank?
  4. J-wall

J-wall New Member

I am dealing with that problem. I have changed the plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, fuel pump (stupid decision), and two coils - finally like a smart person I took it to the dealer for a diagnostic because the light kept staying on. They said it was a leak at the intake gasket, so I am in the process of changing that. Good luck.

Auto Zone only gave a PO300, I took it to a garage and they said it was on coils 1 & 3 and after that coil swap, it came on again and moved to coils 5 & 8, hence the trip[ to the dealer.

I have a 2004 Tahoe, 5.3 flex
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009