1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Coil spacers...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by hondarider94, Sep 15, 2011.

1. hondarider94

hondarider94 New Member

What are your guys opinions on them? I hear stuff about them wearing out ball joints faster than if it wasnt lifted ( but how much faster??)
    Do shocks need to be replaced with a 2" spacer?
  2. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

with a 2" spacer you will be fine my brother got his 2007.5 not to long ago and the prevs owner had it on pretty much since new and he never had to replace anything and your stock shocks are fine
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

Will parts wear faster with a leveling kit? Yes. Could take months...could take years. Or you may not have a single issue before you trade/sell. It just depends on the truck and the operator. Don't sweat it.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The extra wear is so little you won't notice. I know guys that had to replace balljoints on a stock 40,000 mile truck. My '05 with 6" lift, 35"tires and 89,000 plus miles has the stock balljoints.
  5. hondarider94

hondarider94 New Member

thanks! thats what i was wanting to know. from what i read about 80% of people say there are good for a cheap lift and about 20% of people say they are no good.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

oh another question. I see spring spacers on ebay- that are cheaper. Are those any good? Is it possible to like "mess up" a spacer and make it bad quality? Would you buy one?
  6. Blackout07

What year truck are we talking here? Regardless, don't go over 2.5".
  7. Burden33

Ya i learned that the hard way blackedout when i went with roughcountrys 3inch kit
  8. Blackout07

I used that joke of a kit too. :no:
  9. Burden33

If i knew now what i did when i start working on my truck i would of saved alot more money
  10. hondarider94

hondarider94 New Member

its a 2001 chevy silverado. I was planning on a 2" coil spacer. are ebay coil spacers ok to use?