Coil Spring Spacers and Rear Lift Blocks

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BiG ReD 1/2 ToN, Dec 7, 2008.

1. BiG ReD 1/2 ToN

BiG ReD 1/2 ToN New Member

Ok, I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T 4.3L Auto Trans 2WD..it has In-cab adjustable air shocks in the rea, and stock coil spring and shocks in the front. I want to put a 2" daystar coil spring spacers with Rancho RS5000 shocks on the front and 1" rear leaf spring blocks on the back. Do you guys have advice, comments,or help??? please any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!!!

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:happy:i have 2inch coil spacers, easy instal, great product!

ill be getting rancho shocks next!

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had "Daystar" coil spacers on my last truck and never had any trouble. Good luck!

4. shreksbrother

shreksbrother New Member

Are new shocks required in the front if you put the spacers in? I'm sick of the grandpa lean of my truck!

5. tac53parsons

tac53parsons New Member

No, you do not need new shocks with the spacer. I put a set on my Titan and it made a world of difference in the appearance.

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You might like the Ranch RS9000 series shock a bit better. I used the before on my last 1/2 ton and they ere great for off road use. If you are staying on paved roads than you are alright with the something smaller. Good luck.

7. andz74

andz74 Member

how to replace rear shocks