1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cold air intake: 2008 chev silverado, 5.3

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by sundancer2004, Jul 11, 2009.

1. sundancer2004

sundancer2004 New Member

I'm thinking of a CAI for my silverado. In reading reviews regarding the Spectre CAI some have written that they had to re-set the Mass Air Sensor or such. I would appreciate input from those who have installed this in a relatively new vehicle(07-08.09) as to weather it was just a bold on/installation, or did you have to re-set items. this one review indicated that his truck ran "wierd" until computer was re-set. thanks Steve
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

I never had to reset anything in my truck I just put it on and it ran fine from there.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

should be plug and play
  4. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider Rockstar 100 Posts

they do change your air/fuel ratio slighty but its not enough to need a retune. like everyone else stated, they are plug n play, he probably had issues from other modifications he made or something is my guess?
  5. eallanboggs

eallanboggs New Member

Does a CAI change A/F ratio? No, the EPA gets to decide what your A/F should be. They decided 14.7:1 for gasoline was best and that's what your ECM "tries" to keep it at when you're in closed loop based on feedback from the sensors on your engine. A CAI is not a sensor so it does not alter A/F.