1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cold air intake for 96 serria

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by GMCZ71, Feb 5, 2010.

1. GMCZ71

GMCZ71 Rockstar

i have a 96 serria with the 5.7 and i was woundering if anyone colud tell me what a good air intake for my truck is. i got one for 70 bucks off of ebay and after reading some forums i don't think it's doin a whole lot.
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

cold air intake answers

Well, i installed a short ram air intake on my 95 silverado. Ilts basically the same as your cold air intake except mine dosnt have a heat sheild. I just bought a cheap intake system from LMC truck and installed a name brand Spectre air filter on it. It makes it just as good as an expensive name brand system now. Anyway all i noticed a little sharper throttle respnse and a throaty intake sound. If you want a better intake, do the same as me or you can speng $350 on the real deal from K&N. And be sure you have an exhaust system upgrade because its worthless to try to get more air into the motor if nothing can get out. Good Luck.
  3. GMCZ71

GMCZ71 Rockstar

thanks for the tip. i purchased a short ram from ebay for 70 bucks. so i guess i don't have to worry about spending the extra money. thanks