1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cold Air Intake issue with throttle body spacer

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Justin092300, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You may just need to clean the Mass airflow Sensor. Sometimes they will get dirty when disturbing the air intake system. To clean it, just use a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and gently wipe the wire spanning across the MAFS> It may help get rid of the code. Also make sure you have a good connection on the MAFS connector plug!! Good Luck!!
  2. rmck490

rmck490 New Member

Sometimes it takes a lot more than 100 miles for the PCM to clear a code on its own. It may be simpler than you think to fix your issue. Reading the code is the one of the first steps to diagnosing issues.

Have it read for codes and post them to the forum. You'll get plenty of help figuring it out.
  3. Justin092300

Justin092300 New Member

No more check engine light!! It went away on its own, even though the K&N rep said the light should have never come on. Oh well, truck runs and sounds great, thanks everyone for your help.
  4. 08chevyz71

08chevyz71 Member

I have a 08 with a 5.3 and put a aem intake on from my 2000 5.3...didnt notice no difference. took it off put a throttle body spacer on. not a noticeable difference but who cares wen you got a sweet turbo soundin whistle. put a s&b intake on and you can hear and feel the power gain! so i wouldnt say that all intakes are the same