Cold Air Intake

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nickgiacalone, Apr 22, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

I've been trying to decide on a CAI. I think I've decided to go with the Banks Ram Air Cold Air Intake System. Anyone have this with good or bad results? Also I'm looking for a good cat back exhaust system that exits on an angle behind both back tires. I'm having trouble finding a system for the 09 Ext Cab Standard Box (78.7"), 6.0L. Anyone have this?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have Banks CAI on my 05 5.3. Ive had K&N,Airaide and AFE and although they were all good I like the Banks the best because of the fit,looks and performance. Truck seemed to have better throttle responds than with the others. Its really a good piece. Did you check Banks for your exhaust?

3. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah, i checked banks for the exhaust. they make a system that exits straight out the rear of the truck on wither side of the trailer hitch with dual tips on each side. i will most likely have to settle for that since i'm having so much trouble finding what i really want. here is the set up i would really like but cannot find one to fit my config http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=1973