1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cold Air Intake ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by swoosh1977, Apr 24, 2009.

1. swoosh1977

swoosh1977 New Member

In a few weeks I am installing a magnaflow dual exhaust. Im ready to change to a cold air intake also. I was looking at the K&N 63-3058 CAI. Is it truely worth putting on a whole Kit or would just a replacment filter do?
  2. disturbedvn

disturbedvn New Member

i went with a company call Green filter High performance filters. Nice product ez install. big bottom difference. 2.5 mpg increase. alot cheaper to. check them out www.Greenfilterusa.com
  3. bubba33

bubba33 Rockstar 100 Posts

What year is your truck? Your not going to get no 2.5 MPG better on any new truck with a after market Cai OR FILTER. Thats just BS.
  4. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would say that it's worth getting an intake. I bought my truck and it had a k&n filter in the stock airbox. I wanted an easy upgrade that was going to do alot and that usually the first mod anybody does is an intake. So I got it put it on and I immedietly noticed throttle responce increase. I would say my mpg maybe went up .5 to 1 mpg. So yes I would say it's worth getting one.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have had both K&N Filter and CAI,IMO The CAI has giving me a better bang for my $$$.I said go for the CAI.
  6. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

Look in to an S&B intake or replacement filter. Much better filtering than a K&N with no loss of power.
  7. disturbedvn

disturbedvn New Member

2004,5.3, Borla exhaust, Green Filter intake, TP throttle body spacer. No reason to bs just giving info on what I gained. Not looking to get into a pissing contest. Just answering the mans question.
  8. bubba33

bubba33 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well I asked him what year his truck is. I said your not going to gain that with a CAI on a new truck. (they already have a CAI) You said (
    i went with a company call Green filter High performance filters. Nice product ez install. big bottom difference. 2.5 mpg increase. alot cheaper to. check them out www.Greenfilterusa.com ) Then you said in your next post.(2004,5.3, Borla exhaust, Green Filter intake, TP throttle body spacer. No reason to bs just giving info on what I gained. Not looking to get into a pissing contest. Just answering the mans question.) You never mentioned that you had exhaust and a TP throttle spacer which that won't do anything for fuel milage either. I had said a new truck which a 2004 is not.
  9. trailshredder

trailshredder Member

IMHO ... I would do a factory airbox mod and stick with an AC/Delco Filter. K&N Filters are just a little better than no filter at all. If you really want a new kit, go with Banks, S&B, volant or AirRaid.
  10. swoosh1977

swoosh1977 New Member

the truck is a 2008 5.3L