1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cold air intake ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hunter08, Jan 2, 2010.

1. hunter08

hunter08 New Member

Hello everyone, new to the site and had a question for you guys. Just installed a k&n cai and went out for the test ride and noticed that my tach now idles at 0 where before the install tach ideled at about 5oo rpms. Truck runs great but im not sure if i did something wrong, even though directions were pretty straight forward. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appeciated. My truck is a 05 silverado with a 5.3 v8. Thanks
  2. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

not exactly sure if its related, but make sure the vacuum line and MAF are sealed/seated tightly, and that all the clamps are tight. when i first put mine on the plumbing slipped off a little underneath the MAF where i couldn't see it.
  3. hunter08

hunter08 New Member

Just checked cai. A little check on the mass air sensor and i could see the clips weren"t aligned, reseated, checked tach and it was idiling right at 500rpms. I put the cai on in the dark with a drop light in my driveway when it was 21* last night, now its a balmy 29*. I am good to go. Thanks.