1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cold Air intakes...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by A_Clutts, Apr 8, 2013.

1. A_Clutts

A_Clutts New Member

I'm considering Spectre just because of the big price difference between them and K&N. Good idea or should I save up some more for the higher priced K&N?
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

​I bought a Spectre for my truck, and I can't tell a difference between this $150.00 unit, and my old K&N $365.00 unit. Personal preference I guess, but I actually think the Spectre looks nicer.

100_0681.jpg 100_0598.jpg 100_0599.jpg 100_0600.jpg
  3. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

If you add more AIR the computer will add more GAS! JMHO........ I would just add a better filter!
  4. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

ive cut open those filters and looked at them... theyre basically a paper towel.... super ****ty chink material
    K&N is totally overpriced, but remember, your buying a lifetime warranty for every single part of the kit. and your getting American cotton pleats as a filter material... not paper towel from china

i didnt get one for my truck cause i just got the filter in the stock air cleaner. TBI doesnt need a cold air intake
  5. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Member 1 Year

Airraid MIT tube and the factory box is your best bet..

- - - Updated - - -

Heres Proof...

6. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Maybe I read the charts-dyno runs-incorrectly
    But all the results-WERE THE SAME- for all practical purposes.
    255 vs 264 hp
    9hp- 3% increase.
    NOT MUCH- and 9hp doesn't necessarily mean it will accelerate faster-not if throttle response is compromised.
    With modern EFI- throttle response is probably fine
    but like TB and others said- no one can "feel" 9hp in the seat of their pants

Save your $$ put in N20 injection-it might cost $600 for a 75 hp shot-but you will actually be able to "feel" it
    and it won't give your truck that funny that funny CAI ricer car sound
    Yeah-N20 best bang for $$-and you get stock MPG and sound-except when you want to GO.
    CAI waste of $$.

But I'm old cheap cranky and negative in respect to "bolt on" performance-except N20 bolt on-it actually works-
    Ignore me and get something that looks cool when you pop the hood.
    Charlie
  7. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Member 1 Year

8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I would like to hear more about this N20 injection if you please!
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think the information on the N20 would be great for members to learn about. @phoebeisis ; would you mind starting a new thread on this when you have a moment? Thanks!
  10. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Try this! http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/air-filter-study.html