Cold Air intakes...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by A_Clutts, Apr 8, 2013.

1. A_Clutts

A_Clutts New Member

I'm considering Spectre just because of the big price difference between them and K&N. Good idea or should I save up some more for the higher priced K&N?

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

​I bought a Spectre for my truck, and I can't tell a difference between this $150.00 unit, and my old K&N $365.00 unit. Personal preference I guess, but I actually think the Spectre looks nicer.

100_0681.jpg 100_0598.jpg 100_0599.jpg 100_0600.jpg

3. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

If you add more AIR the computer will add more GAS! JMHO........ I would just add a better filter!

4. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

ive cut open those filters and looked at them... theyre basically a paper towel.... super ****ty chink material
    K&N is totally overpriced, but remember, your buying a lifetime warranty for every single part of the kit. and your getting American cotton pleats as a filter material... not paper towel from china

i didnt get one for my truck cause i just got the filter in the stock air cleaner. TBI doesnt need a cold air intake

5. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Member 1 Year

Airraid MIT tube and the factory box is your best bet..

- - - Updated - - -

Heres Proof...

6. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Maybe I read the charts-dyno runs-incorrectly
    But all the results-WERE THE SAME- for all practical purposes.
    255 vs 264 hp
    9hp- 3% increase.
    NOT MUCH- and 9hp doesn't necessarily mean it will accelerate faster-not if throttle response is compromised.
    With modern EFI- throttle response is probably fine
    but like TB and others said- no one can "feel" 9hp in the seat of their pants

Save your $$ put in N20 injection-it might cost $600 for a 75 hp shot-but you will actually be able to "feel" it
    and it won't give your truck that funny that funny CAI ricer car sound
    Yeah-N20 best bang for $$-and you get stock MPG and sound-except when you want to GO.
    CAI waste of $$.

But I'm old cheap cranky and negative in respect to "bolt on" performance-except N20 bolt on-it actually works-
    Ignore me and get something that looks cool when you pop the hood.
    Charlie

7. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Member 1 Year

8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I would like to hear more about this N20 injection if you please!

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think the information on the N20 would be great for members to learn about. @phoebeisis ; would you mind starting a new thread on this when you have a moment? Thanks!

10. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Try this! http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/air-filter-study.html