1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cold Air Intakes

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by $oC@l_Silverado, Jul 30, 2008.

1. $oC@l_Silverado

$oC@l_Silverado New Member

So what's the nitty gritty on the various cold air intakes, does anyone have any feed back on the AFE, Volant or S&B cold air intakes for a 2007 NB 1500 Silverado 5.3L or recommendation/suggestions on what has the best GAINS. THanks:sign0144:
  2. toothnet

toothnet New Member

Since I really don't know much about the mechanics of things, I asked my father-in-law who is an automotive distributer rep which CAI to put in my Duramax. He suggested the AFE Brute Force, which is a dry filter intake. Now, I hope it's not just all in my head, but I seem to be able to feel a horsepower gain with it when pulling my boat. I haven't tried pulling the 5th wheel yet but I'm eager to try. I'm thinking that when I put in a new cat-back exhaust the hp gains and mileage improvement will be more noticeable.