1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cold air

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Silverado82, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Silverado82

Silverado82 New Member

I got an 08 silverado crew cab 5.3..... what would be the best intake and exhaust?
  2. SoonerSilverado11

SoonerSilverado11 New Member

I would say the K&N intake based off of how many people approve of it. Then exhaust would be determined by what you want. If you want sound then flowmaster seems to be one of the top products. Hope this helps!
  3. raisor87

raisor87 New Member

aem and k&n will have the same results but I'd go with AEM to stay away from having to oil your filter
  4. smainsw

smainsw New Member

As far as exhaust goes it all depends on what type of sound you want coming from your truck as flowmaster, magnaflow and everyone else has their own sound. I have magnaflow on my silverado, and I love it, a few people I know also have magnaflow, so it all comes down to what you like.
  5. jiujitsu

jiujitsu New Member

hey i have a 05 4x4 silverado 1500 and i put on the k&n and i jst bought theflowmaster kit cat back..b/c i like the sound and i keep hearing you cant go wrong with flows..just my 2 cents good luck:great:
  6. navyeoseabee

navyeoseabee New Member

i had the volant cold air intake, throttle spacer
    http://www.volant.com/idetail.asp?ID=461

with a pair of magna flows. it was awesome setup! althought it was on a dodge v8.

but tre reason i posted was because with the volant you can put the lid on the box and it still has a massive airflow going into the box. i choose this one because i went to the dunes and preferred not to suck sand. .. and with the box lid on you could barely hear the cool sound of the hound of the throttle body spacer , and the suck of the cold air ...i ran witht he lid off most of the time -lol