Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Cold mornings start frustration

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by G.W., Nov 28, 2011.

1. G.W.

G.W. New Member

Great forum you guys have here! Maybe you guys will have the answer to my trouble. I own a 83 C20 that has a 350 w/ Edlebrock carb. On cold mornings lately it is getting harder & harder to keep it idling. I can get it started but it will just idle down slowly and eventually die. When restarted it huffs & puffs and will not run at all. This morning I got it running, seemed like it was fine, took off, came to a stop sign and it idled down and died. Could not get it started. Had to ditch it & get my other vehicle to take my daughter to school. When I came back 45 mins later It started right up and ran like a champ! The high idle worked great, let it idle for a few, revved it up to kick off the high idle and ran my errands with no difficulty. I'm thinking the problem lies in the auto choke, any ideas on what I should check or do? Thanks in advance!

Garry