Cold weather is upon us...

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by TrailLeadr, Nov 29, 2007.

?

How do you heat your home? (Fuel type)

1. Wood/pellet stove

15 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. CNG/LPG heat

65 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Oil heat

23 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Electric heat

68 vote(s)
    34.9%
  5. Solar heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Any combination of the above

10 vote(s)
    5.1%
  7. Nuclear??

6 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. My climate doesn't necessitate heating my home

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  9. Other

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

So, I decided to make a non vehicle related poll. Hope you'll all forgive me.

With oil prices on the rise, and cold season upon us, I just had to call around for home heating oil prices, which are pushing $3.00/gal as well. Kinda sickening to me, since it's not even remotely as refined as gasoline.

So how many use oil heat? How many wish you didn't, I know I wish we didn't.

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

electric heat....but down here in new orleans, if it's cold enough to need the heater, it's ABNORMAL weather :rofl:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  3. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Electric heat it's the cheapest cleanest heating you can find at the moment :great:

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Natural Gas baby! It's cheap at the moment and they just found the world's largest supply of natural gas under Forth Worth/Arlington/Mansfield Texas, so buy CNG so I get more money when they start drilling near me next year. ;-)

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

every year someone burns their house down because they try to heat their house by turning on the oven and leaving the door open. :-(

6. Sooner

Sooner Rockstar

Swap that oil heater for a heat pump and tell the oil tanker dude where he can put that $3 oil.

7. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

We have a wood at my house. The wood is free so I think its as cheap as you get. I love the smell of burning wood anyway

8. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I got to go with crawdaddy, I was outside painting today and I was sweatin up a storm. Gotta love the south :glasses:

9. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I replaced my old oil furnace for a Natural Gas about 2 years ago, I don't really see the savings myself....:neutral:, but its new. The garage CNG heater got hookup this week...and its rockin' in there now.

10. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

LOL...Ok, I have to ask. Who voted nuclear?