1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cold weather is upon us...

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by TrailLeadr, Nov 29, 2007.

?

How do you heat your home? (Fuel type)

1. Wood/pellet stove

15 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. CNG/LPG heat

65 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Oil heat

23 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Electric heat

68 vote(s)
    34.9%
  5. Solar heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Any combination of the above

10 vote(s)
    5.1%
  7. Nuclear??

6 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. My climate doesn't necessitate heating my home

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  9. Other

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So, I decided to make a non vehicle related poll. Hope you'll all forgive me.

With oil prices on the rise, and cold season upon us, I just had to call around for home heating oil prices, which are pushing $3.00/gal as well. Kinda sickening to me, since it's not even remotely as refined as gasoline.

So how many use oil heat? How many wish you didn't, I know I wish we didn't.
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

electric heat....but down here in new orleans, if it's cold enough to need the heater, it's ABNORMAL weather :rofl:
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  3. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Electric heat it's the cheapest cleanest heating you can find at the moment :great:
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Natural Gas baby! It's cheap at the moment and they just found the world's largest supply of natural gas under Forth Worth/Arlington/Mansfield Texas, so buy CNG so I get more money when they start drilling near me next year. ;-)
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

every year someone burns their house down because they try to heat their house by turning on the oven and leaving the door open. :-(
  6. Sooner

Sooner New Member

Swap that oil heater for a heat pump and tell the oil tanker dude where he can put that $3 oil.
  7. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We have a wood at my house. The wood is free so I think its as cheap as you get. I love the smell of burning wood anyway
  8. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I got to go with crawdaddy, I was outside painting today and I was sweatin up a storm. Gotta love the south :glasses:
  9. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I replaced my old oil furnace for a Natural Gas about 2 years ago, I don't really see the savings myself....:neutral:, but its new. The garage CNG heater got hookup this week...and its rockin' in there now.
  10. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

LOL...Ok, I have to ask. Who voted nuclear?