1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Collected My 03 Z71 Avalanche

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by sbower1976, Aug 8, 2014.

1. sbower1976

sbower1976 Member

Hello Everyone , well i got good news and i got bad news

I collected my avalanche on Tuesday morning took it back to a friends house and did the basic checks as you would with any new car and especially driving 2200km home. Everything seemed ok

So i started my long journey home and everything was going well , the LPG conversion kit didn't always want to switch over but after some investigations think the RPM pick up wasn't very well connected and then after a wiggle seems to be ok now , will wire it up proper soon enough.

so on my 3rd day of driving and only 200km from my final stop i got pulled over by the police and got a 7000kr ( 1100 US Dollar ) fine and a 3 month ban for doing 87km/h in a 60 zone so fair enough i deserve it can't really argue but then to top it all off 50km from home the engine check light comes on and with no effect, the engine didn't even hic-up or anything , doesn't seem down on power or anything , i can turn it off and start it again with no hassle and the engine light doesn't go away after a restart.

so now i have 3 months to get her up to a decent standard after she's been neglected

Any notes on the engine check light ????

Regards

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The CEL may not be anything to worry about, but it needs to be checked.

Whenever a sensor reports a problem, a diagnostic code is set in the engine control computer. You need to have this code "read" with a code reader.

Report back and we can help

3. sbower1976

sbower1976 Member

Any recommendations on a diagnostics tool from the states mate? Here in Norway american trucks are not popular but i know most OBD II readers will get a code so ill do that but prefer to get my own tool etc.

Is there any other way to reset to see if it comes back on or is the tool the only way to reset ?

PS, was out showing my neighbour the truck put it in 4H then 4L and now its stuck in 4L :(

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Pull the fuse(s) for the ECM. Leave them out for 15 min

The transmission needs to be in neutral, the truck moving about 1, or 2, mph and them select 2HI

5. sbower1976

sbower1976 Member

right will give that a go mate cheers ;)