College Football ~ 2012 season

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by aloxdaddy99, Jul 11, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Since football season is just around the corner I thought I would ask the question. Who is going to be the best team in the NCAA's? I ask it that way because it isn't always the best teams that get to play for the National Title.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

First of roll tide. But south Carolina is the team to watch of for this year to mess around with the standings, but I think the last 3 national championships deserved it. I'm also bias becuase I own 2 rings myself. SEC all the way like usual, just hard to tell who will come out on top with it being so competitive

3. aloxdaddy99

First off Congrats on the rings!! But I have to disagree about the winner last year. Bama should not have even played in the game. I watched the first game the two teams played and thought it was a good game. But I didn't watch a single second of the second in protest. I know it didn't change anything but that is what I did.
    South Carolina has a strong squad as long as they can keep their players on the field. However I have to disagree that the SEC will win this year. I think that USC will win the title. And next year you will see the Urban legend raising the trophy. Go BUCKS!!

4. ahmitchell1

Well it's been the sec for the past 6 years and I don't see anyone slowing down or getting smaller

5. aloxdaddy99

eventually a bigger badder bully will run the school yard

6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Don't forget the best team from last year that was on sanction, USC.
    Sec teams are there due to politics mainly. Utah proved that to the TIDE. And Urban has refused to play the school he lied to. Oh I need to clarify. The school Urban the liar lied to first, Utah. Urban has a good record with others recruits and he has a track history of leaving when the going get tough. Sorry, Just can't root for a guy who can not be trusted for his word.
    Of course I am rooting fo my Utes to upset several teams again. But our QB situation is shaky at best.

7. ahmitchell1

But what did the tide do after that? Everybody's gotta lose sometime and kinda insulting to hear my national championship rings were gained politically and not by the year round effort we put into making our team better

8. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Oklahoma will rebound from their rough finish last year. Their young receiving corp and defense has a year under their belt now, and their best RB will be back from his injury last year. They were a young team last year and so they have a ton of experience coming back. I doubt any one receiver will replace Broyles's production (except maybe Jazz Reynolds), but the corps as a whole will make it more difficult for defenses to guard than it was last year. If they can avoid a mid season letdown they'll be right down in the mix.

As far as conferences go, keep in mind it always goes in cycles. Seems like every decade it's a different conference (or group of teams from the same region) that dominates. It's bound to cycle through to another conference at some point.

I'll finish with this: BOOMER SOONER!!!!

9. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have to say, Ohio State Buckeyes (O-H-----I-O) GO BUCKS!!!!!!

10. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

That team from Ohio(makes me puke just thinking bout that school) lol and bama are both gonna get defeated by The University of Michigan this year. Maize and Blue all day, everyday...