1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

color-matched bow tie emblems

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by McClintoc, Apr 9, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I want to put a new grille in my truck and all the grilles I have seen have a place for the Chevy bow tie but they don't come with the actual emblem instert. No problem, as I want to get a colored (maroon) insert to match my truck. So, my questing is, for those of you that have colored bow ties, where do you get them?
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Most are painted, or covered with a vinyl wrap.

I wanted black, so I removed the yellow plastic cover, the chrome foil and polished the black plastic that remained.
  3. McClintoc

I did some more Googling and found a website that sells vinyl wraps. They have the color I want and it's only $10. I think I'll go with that.
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Vinyl does a nice job, I know a guy who used vinyl with a carbon fiber look, it turned out real nice.
  5. gatormike69

gatormike69 Member

6. McClintoc

^^^

Yup, that's the website I found.
  7. LuckyJimmy

LuckyJimmy New Member

I used Plasti-dip to do mine, which works great, if you mess up just peel it off and do it again.